Hooker & Boys was formed by a group of close friends and Leather titleholders who united in 1999 in Baltimore, Maryland, to raise funds for charity as part of their Drummer Titleholder responsibilities. As a result of this event (The 12 Days of Christmas), Hooker & Boys became established as a community-based invitation-only Leather Club.
Our goal is to serve the GLBTSQ communities through fund-raising, support, and service. Since 1999, we have produced the annual 12 Days of Christmas fundraiser, Maryland Drummer and Drummerboy (2000-2001), Maryland LeatherSIR and Leatherboy (2002-2006), Mid-Atlantic Community Bootblack (2008-present), and Mid-Atlantic LeatherSIR, Leatherboy and Leather Woman (2009-present) contests.
As a result of producing these contests, Chesapeake Leather Awareness Pride (C.L.A.P.) was created in 2009 to raise awareness of and to celebrate our Leather lifestyle. C.L.A.P. is a weekend of charity events surrounding the contests, organized in collaboration with other Leather Clubs and organizations in the region.
We are proud to support numerous events, clubs, and organizations throughout the communities. We choose to show our Love through our actions. You can see that we Love our Communities very much! Thank YOU for supporting us and our work.
Serving the Communities,
Hooker & Boys
Rik “Hooker” Newton-Treadway*
Paulie Treadway, III
Marty Diez aka Chi Chi Ray Colby
David “Pug” Spellman
boy joe Chmielowski-Liu
boy Marshall Roberts
Michele “Buz” Smith
Daddy Sal Susino
Lauren “Turtle” Ide
Paul Williams aka LuLu La Diva
Momma Connie Cox
Charles “Daddy” Bowers
Daddy Joe Betz
Mama Sandy Reinhardt
Mark “Spanky” Bialous**
Master Mike Zuhl
Lee “Daddy Butch Lee” Norwood
* founding member
Honors & Awards
- The Diamond Award, 2003, presented by Miss Gay Maryland America.
- Pantheon of Leather Community Service Award, Small Event of the Year, 2004, for The 12 Days of Christmas.
- Pantheon of Leather Community Service Award, Small Non Profit Organization, 2007.
- City of Baltimore Mayor’s Certificate of Recognition celebrating the 9th Annual 12 Days of Christmas, 2007.
- City of Baltimore City Council Certificate of Recognition celebrating the 9th Annual 12 Days of Christmas, 2007.
- Pantheon of Leather Community Service Award, Small Event of the Year, 2008, for The 12 Days of Christmas.
- City of Baltimore Mayor’s Certificate of Recognition celebrating Hooker & Boys’ 10th year of service.
- City of Baltimore City Council Resolution commemorating Hooker & Boys for “10 years community service and fundraising for the GLBTQ communities of Baltimore, Maryland, The Mid-Atlantic Region, and Nationally.”
- The ShipMates Roy A. Towns Memorial Club Brotherhood Award, 2010.
- Baltimore Pride 2010 Drag Stage Sponsorship Award.
- Baltimore Pride 2010 “Best Car” for Mid-Atlantic LeatherSIR/leatherboy/Leather Woman/Community Bootblack.